09 Mar Mexican Skillet Dinner
Here’s what you need
For the Mexican Spice Blend:
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
For the Skillet:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can white beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Combine the spice blend in a small bowl. Rub the spice blend over all of the chicken pieces. Place in a ziplock bag in the fridge to marinate for an hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the olive oil in a large, oven-safe, skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, cooking until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, salt, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add the rinsed beans and bring to a simmer, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange the marinated chicken breasts over the top of the bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes. Top with sliced avocado, pico de gallo and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
322 calories, 14g fat, 14g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 829mg sodium, 6g fiber, and 35g protein.