18 Apr Rainbow Roasted Veggies
Eating plenty of fresh vegetables is an excellent, healthy choice. The fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants contained within will do wonders for your energy levels and overall health.
Here’s a simple recipe for roasting vegetables that’s a wonderful side dish for dinner. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand, or seek out the full spectrum of colors for a natural vitamin boost.
Here’s what you need
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½ inch strips
- 2 orange beets, peeled and cubed
- 16 Pattypan squashes
- 6 mini green zucchini
- 1 purple onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange the veggies on the prepared pan in the order of the rainbow: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue/Purple. Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until browned and tender.
One serving equals: 130 calories, 5g fat, 20g carbohydrate, 13g sugar, 189mg sodium, 6g fiber, and 5g protein.