03 Mar Strawberry Spinach Salad
Refreshing! That is the first word that comes to mind from a blissful bite of this salad. With fresh baby spinach, tender caramelized onions, sweet juicy strawberries and crunchy sliced almonds, this salad is a minefield of pleasurable flavors. It’s the perfect way to celebrate the goodness of greens.
For the Fresh Tarragon Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon melted raw honey (OR 10 drops liquid stevia)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- dash of black pepper
For the Strawberry Spinach Salad:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted and cubed
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until fully combined, set aside.
- Place a small skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and sliced onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes, adding a Tablespoon of water halfway through the cooking time. Once the water has evaporated and the onion is tender, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the spinach with the Fresh Tarragon dressing. Top with the sliced strawberries, cubed avocado, sliced almonds, caramelized onions and a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 185 calories, 16g fat, 7g carbohydrate, 86mg sodium, 1g sugar, 6g fiber, and 4g protein.