06 Apr Quinoa Chocolate Chip Muffins
Here’s what you need
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 (15.66 oz) can coconut milk, canned and full-fat
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup lily’s chocolate chips (stevia sweetened)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line 48 mini muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine the quinoa, almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine the egg, coconut sugar, coconut milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla in an- other bowl. Mix well and add the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour 1 Tablespoon of batter into each of the 48 mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden and set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer out of muffin pan and cool on wire rack.
One serving equals: 57 calories, 2g fat, 7g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 28mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 4g protein.