16 Apr Sweet Potato Pancakes
Here’s what you need
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup sweet potato, baked and mashed
- 1 can (13.66 oz) coconut milk, canned and full-fat
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat your pancake griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt.
- In another medium bowl combine the mashed sweet potato, coconut milk, eggs and coconut oil. Mix until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until fully incorporated. Let the batter sit for 10–15 minutes, if you can muster the patience, to help your pancakes bind together.
- Use a paper towel to carefully rub coconut oil on your preheated griddle or skillet. Reduce the heat to medium. Use a ¼ cup to scoop the batter onto the griddle in nice big circles. When bubbles form, flip the pancakes to cook on the other side.
One serving equals: 166 calories, 12g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 86mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 4g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!